Retrospective Due Diligence Advisory
Please review letter below carefully.
Our Ref: CompRDD
The UWI Credit Union Co-operative Society Limited is currently reviewing its mandatory Retrospective Due Diligence Programme in keeping with the following laws of Trinidad and Tobago:
- The Proceeds of Crime Act
- The Anti-Terrorism Act (and its Regulations)
- The Financial Obligations Regulations
- The Financial Intelligence Unit of Trinidad and Tobago Regulations
- The Central Bank of Trinidad and Tobago “Guidelines on Combating Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing”.
You are therefore asked to submit the following original documents to the Credit Union immediately, if you have not done so already:
- 2 forms of valid identification (National ID, Passport, Drivers Permit)
- A recent Utility Bill (Telephone – land line only, WASA, T&TEC or Cable)
- Job Letter showing nature of occupation and income or Recent Payslip, Pension, Grant, and NIS information and documents for any regular income source (e.g. property rental)
- Copy of Work Permit/CSME (for Non-Nationals only)
- The completed Personal Information Update form, which could be obtained at the Credit Union’s office or the link below.
Failure to submit these documents will result in you being unable to perform business transactions on your account.
You are reminded that you are obligated to let us know when you have made changes to your personal information (change of name, status, address, telephone number, employer/department).
Please be advised that a “Politically Exposed Person” (PEP) refers to someone who has been entrusted with a prominent public function, or a relative or known associate of that person. Since a “PEP” generally presents a higher risk for potential involvement in bribery and corruption by virtue of their position and the influence that they may hold, it is mandatory that the ‘Member’s Declaration’ on the Personal Information Update form be completed and signed accordingly.
U.W.I. Credit Union Co-operative Society Limited
The Personal Information Update Form is available for download.